For many years St. Peter's congregation was very conscious of its responsibility for Christian education, and had already organised a Saturday School to overcome the limitations of a Sunday school. Progressively, this forward looking congregation realised the limitation of the Saturday school, so the next step was a Christian day school.
St. Peter's Lutheran School was opened in 1958. A year earlier the St. Peters Lutheran Congregation had set to establish a Christian day school on a Mallee block just east of the Church yard. Initially classes were held in the hall until a portable two-classroom school was built and delivered by Stawell Timber Industries of Lake Road Stawell.
Pictured: Original School Building, 1958
We celebrated our 60th anniversary in late 2018 with an open day at the school followed by a dinner at the Dimboola Memorial Secondary College Hall. These events were attended by many past students and we were lucky to have our first principal, Mr Bruno Matuschka, in attendance. Bruno was principal from 1958 to 1961.
Mr Bruno Matuschka speaking at the 60th Anniversary Dinner in November 2018.
Four Principals: Mr Stephen Rudolph, Mr Bruno Matuschka, Mrs Lois Kube, Mr Tim Reimann. Photo taken at the 60th Anniversary Dinner, November 2018.
|1958 to 1961||Bruno Matushka|
|1963 to 1967||Naomi Hoff|
|1968 to 1972||Alan Wiebusch|
|1974 to 1977||Peter Etschied|
|1978 to 1981||Stephen Rudolph|
|1982 to 1987||Stuart Ahearn|
|1988 to 1992||Jeff Curnow|
|1993 to 1997||Steve Pugh|
|1998 to 2000||Eunice Freiburg|
|2001 to 2009||Leon Kroehn|
|2010 to 2014||Lyn Huppatz|
|2016 to current||Tim Reimann|
|1958 to 1959||Pastor Alf Miller|
|1960 to 1975||Pastor Lionel Janetski|
|1975 to 1985||Pastor Ray Schmidt|
|1986 to 1992||Pastor Tim Zanker|
|1993 to 2003||Pastor Clarrie Schefe|
|2004 to 2009||Pastor Martin Scharnke|
|2009 to 2010||Pastor Paul Kerber|
|2010 to 2015||Pastor Damien Martin|
|2018 to current||Pastor Levi Graham|