For many years St. Peter's congregation was very conscious of its responsibility for Christian eduction, and had already organised a Saturday School to overcome the limitations of a Sunday school. Progressively, this forward looking congregation realised the limitation of the Saturday school, so the next step a Christian day school.
Ownership and ultimate responsibility for St. Peter's Lutheran School rests with St. Peter's congregation, which regularly appoints a School Council to discharge the responsibility of overall care of the school. Day to day internal running of the school is undertaken by the appointed Principal. St. Peter's Congregation has generously supported the school financially since its inception in 1958.
St. Peter's Lutheran School was opened in 1958. A year earlier the St. Peters Lutheran Congregation had set to establish a Christian day school on a Mallee block just east of the Church yard. Initially classes were held in the hall until a portable two-classroom school was built and delivered by Stawell Timber Industries of Lake Road Stawell.
Original School Building, 1958
Dimboola is situated on the banks of the Wimmera River in the Wimmera wheat-belt with around 1600 residents. It is located in the Hindmarsh Shire in an area called the Wimmera region of Western Victoria, Australia, 334 km north-west of Melbourne and 33 km north-west of Horsham. Dimboola was named after the Sinhalese word meaning 'land of figs'. It's original inhabitants were the Wotjobaluk aboriginal people before initial European settlement in 1846.
Our School Motto
"Grow in Grace"
This text reflects our belief that God is a loving gracious God who cares for each individual. He invites and is ready to stand by each individual as he/she grows as His person.